We are already immersed in the summer in the Region of Madrid. And although this year we have to take all the preventive measures, the children will have the opportunity to enjoy the deserved rest, thanks to the activities that there are programmed for them, in the different interesting initiatives that we present you here.
- Summer Museum (urban camp) at the Natural Science Museum. Following the health recommendations, with the collaboration of organizers, parents and children, this year, and will be 20, we will again have courses until September, for children between 5 and 12 years. The activities include workshops, interactive visits, games, film costumes and the popular photo safari.
- Camp 'Nature in the Sierra de Guadarrama National Park' (Puerto de Navacerrada). For 6 days, 5 nights, in an incomparable environment, children will have fun with adventure and nature in its purest expression. Hiking, climbing, canoeing, survival techniques, stargazing nights, geo-coaching, etc. Of course, nature workshops, games and sports Olympics, environmental education, and a cultural visit to the Palacio de la Granja and the Boca del Asno Interpretation Centre.
- Day camp in nature for children and young people (13-17 years old, 13-24 July). A camp that includes, trips to the countryside, hiking, landscaping, study of nature and animals. All of them, accompanied by a group of experts who know the environment and make children learn by playing and doing activities. Workshops, experiments, photography, observation of the environment, encouraging comradeship and care for ourselves and the environment around us.
- Children's summer workshops, visits and cultural mediation at the Museo Picasso Colección Eugenio Arias. The Picasso Museum in Buitrago del Lozoya exhibits this collection of the genius from Malaga, the result of the friendship he made with his personal barber, and which the latter gave to the Madrid Provincial Council in 1982. We recommend that children attend one of the workshops and storytelling that takes place there during the summer months.
- Archaeologists for a day. This is an informative and educational programme about the historical heritage and the research and conservation work carried out around it. Very popular in previous years, we recommend booking your place in advance. This program is available until the end of September.
Image credits: Region of Madrid