With the aim of generating interest in science in the younger audience, while breaking gender stereotypes, the National Museum of Natural Sciences, makes available to the children 5 stories starring researchers from the museum itself. Discover them with us!
The Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT), the National Museum of Natural Sciences (MNCN-CSIC), Biodiversia Coop and Pandora Mirabilia have promoted the project 'Cuéntame cómo dedicarme a la ciencia' which includes five audio stories, which together with the existing ones, corresponding to the series 'Un cuento propio', complete this unique collection where the protagonists are scientists currently working in the MNCN.
Therefore, children between 5 and 12 years old, can access these stories that are accompanied by the song 'Quiero investigar', illustrations and proposals for activities related to the different stories.
This is a project that seeks to encourage listening and concentration from an early age, inviting children to read or listen, as there is also the possibility of listening to stories through audio books, on all kinds of subjects, introducing scientific concepts, while giving visibility to the work of women in the world of research.
Below we reveal the titles that belong to the collection:
1. La boga en verso, starring Ana Isabel Perdices, researcher at the MNCN, who is specialized in the study of freshwater fish
2. El misterio de la familia Pelobates, starring Ángeles Bustillo, MNCN researcher specializing in petrology
3. Estrellas, erizos y pepinos, featuring marine biologist Maria Elena Caso
4. Valiente Valentina, starring Russian cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova
5. Yo quiero ser como Trótula de Salerno, starring the medieval physician Trótula de Salerno
6. Una historia de parecidos, starring MNCN researcher specializing in systematic genetics Annie Machordom
7. El baile de las bacterias, starring evolutionary biologist Lynn Margulis
8. Buscando lo invisible, featuring by MNCN researcher Asunción de los Ríos, whose work focuses on the functioning of microbial ecosystems
9. El bosque interminable, starring MNCN researcher specializing in plant ecophysiology, Ana Rey
10. La encantadora de los números, starring mathematician Ada Lovelace
More info: Cuéntame cómo dedicarme a la ciencia
Image credits: © Facebook MNCN