Faithful to our goal of enjoying to the maximum in our region, this week we tell you ten plans that will surprise you and allow you to spend a different getaway. Music, art, dance, outdoor activities, sports and much more is what the Region of Madrid is offering. Squeeze it with us!
Art in its purest state
1. The Region of Madrid offers an intense cultural agenda throughout the year. If you live here, or you have decided to visit us, we invite you to visit the galleries located in the 'Art Walk' (Paseo del Arte) in Madrid: the Prado Museum, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and the Reina Sofía National Museum. These three important art galleries hold interesting permanent collections, which are complemented throughout the year by temporary exhibitions worth discovering like 'Treasures from the Hispanic Society of America. Visions of the Hispanic World', 'Pity and Terror. Picasso's Path to Guernica' or 'Rafael Moneo. Theory through practice. Archive materials, (1961-2016)', among many others. Don't miss in our section of highlights the latest news, not only of these museums but other important galleries in the region.
Discover in depth the Region of Madrid
2. If you like to know more about the Region of Madrid, we propose you to start with three enclaves that, due to their beauty and uniqueness, have been declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco: San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Alcalá de Henares and Aranjuez. If you decide to do so, don't forget to collect in the tourist offices of the Red Mad about Info, or in any of the offices of the indicated locations, a very special 'passport', which besides being a practical pocket guide will provide you interesting immediate discounts in transport, monuments, hotels and shops, among others.
3. Another option is to visit the six tourist towns that under the initiative 'Villas de Madrid' allow us to get to know the rich cultural and historical heritage of Buitrago del Lozoya, Chinchón, Colmenar de Oreja, Navalcarnero, Nuevo Baztán and Rascafría. Also, don't forget to download the application for mobile devices 'VillaCard', that in addition to having all the information in the palm of your hand, after registering you can benefit from interesting discounts.
Nature and fun in family
4. Of course, it's always a good idea to enjoy in family the goodness of the region. So, in addition to do different cultural visits to the most important museums, you can visit other different things that will delight the little ones like the House Museum of the Perez Mouse (tooth fairy), the sports of Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, the Wax museum and many others more.
5. Theme parks are another option for family tourism and guaranteed success, because children will meet their favourite fictional characters, will had a lot of fun in the different attractions, will see animals of various species closely, will dazzle with the magic of Cosmos and stars or even will feel the pure emotion in adventure parks in the trees among many other options.
6. There are still more, since you can explore the region on-board the 'tourist trains'. Rediscover the pleasure of traveling in this unique means of transport, in which accompanied by hostesses dressed for the occasion, you will learn more in depth the history of some Madrid towns.
7. Although if what you are looking for, is to practice some sport in touch with nature you will have the chance to explore the entire region through its paths breathing pure air in its wonderful natural spaces. Choose the difficulty of the route depending on whether you go alone or with children, take your bike or choose marked paths to walk and start enjoying.
8. The old markets have recently become in important gastronomic temples where, in addition to tasting their products, from the most basic to the most refined delicatessen, some of them allow you to purchase them in order to taste them at home. Explore with us these new gastronomic markets in which you can spend unforgettable moments thanks to the leisure proposals that include some of them. But if you want more, all year round, there are culinary offerings with proposals from all over the world.
Festivals for all audiences
9. Along with the exhibitions, outdoor activities, excursions and even gastronomic plans, there is also space for music and dance festivals for all audiences. Different performing arts, surprise with their stagings, from classic to the most transgressive. In this link, you will find a brief sample of everything that offer the Region of Madrid, don't miss it, check out the dates and mark your calendar.
10. Madrid is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. When the sun goes down, and after enjoying the region intensely, the night in Madrid offers fun for all tastes in places that open their doors until the wee hours of the morning. In the different areas of the capital you will find a great variety of styles with live music in small charming places, great discos with important Dj's and above all a lot of partying. What are you waiting for to find out?