Finally the long awaited summer has arrived, and for you to enjoy it to the fullest in our region, here are 40 suggested plans for all audiences.
1. With the high temperatures, Aquópolis is a perfect option to spend the day, cool down and take a dip very close to Madrid. With the best water attractions, relax on the beach of Villanueva de la Cañada or in the VIP area of San Fernando de Henares.
2. The Warner Beach Park is another classic that opens the summer in Madrid. It's a themed water park with a natural sandy beach, themed restaurants and food trucks, and since last June 15th with new water attractions.
3. An unforgettable trip, hot air balloon rides in Aranjuez. Declared a Cultural Landscape by UNESCO, it is one of the most beautiful Royal Sites in Spain. After the unparalleled views of the Royal Palace and the natural surroundings of the city, we propose another outdoor experience during your visit, the walks on foot or horseback down the Tagus.
4. Summer is the time for outdoor adventure and fun in the trees, even at night, adventure + canoeing, multi-adventure circuits for adults and children in Amazonia Aventura in Pelayos de la Presa, close to the San Juan reservoir and in Cercedilla, in the recreational area of Las Berceas, also with night zip lines in the moonlight.
5. Or the Adventure Park in the trees De Pino a Pino in Navacerrada, the only one in Spain with the largest number of circuits and incredible views of the peaks (from 6 years old). And in Guadarrama, Forestal Park, the adventure theme park with the longest zip lines in Spain.
6. A day of safari, leisure and recreation on the Navalcarnero-Cadalso de los Vidrios road in Safari Madrid, Aldea del Fresno. Animals in semi-freedom in their natural habitat, a mini-zoo... Respect them and enjoy the experience!
7. Two spaces for art, the two Palaces of El Retiro Park in Madrid, the Palacio de Cristal, one of the best examples of the so-called iron architecture and the Palacio de Velázquez, the other exhibition site of the Museo Reina Sofía in the park. Free admission.
8. Aún lo pueden todo. 50 años de Madelman, at the National Museum of Anthropology (until October 14). A unique occasion for those, like the Madelmans, who are around 50years of age. Free entrance.
9. 'Madrid, musa de las artes', the city symbol of welcome and inspiration. A tour of the city from the first decades of the 20th century to the end of the 1950s in Conde Duque (until 4th October).
10. Noches de verano Chinchón 2018. Jazz, blues, theatre, folk, flamenco, etc., in the village's emblematic Plaza Mayor, one of the most beautiful in the region (until 29th September).
11. Another of the summer outdoor plans in Madrid, the Noches del Olivar. Musical evenings in the night in one of the most magical places in Madrid, a garden surrounded by century-old olive trees (until 15 September).
12. The Chaparrales, a tourist route of low difficulty for any time of the year. Cycle tourism in El Boalo, Cerceda, Mataelpino.
13. Cycle tourism in the Henares countryside, cycling through the riverside forests of the Alcarria de Alcalá in the southeast of the region and bird watching as far as Algete.
14. Perfect places to go with children: The swimming pools and recreational area of Las Berceas, one of the best options in the region to spend a day in nature and take a dip to combat the heat, and the recreational area of Las Dehesas.
15. 50 kilometres from Madrid, the popular 'Playa del Alberche' in Aldea del Fresno. Beautiful, free and ideal for bathing with children or having a picnic.
16. Las chicas somos guerreras... y también ingenieras (y científicas, tecnólogas, matemáticas...). An exhibition visually very attractive aimed mainly at teenage girls at the National Science Museum. Hypatia Project, a project funded by the European Commission (until 30 September).
17. Greenhouse and botanical garden of Arganzuela, more than 9,000 species in more than 7,000 meters in this restored Crystal Palace, another representative example of 19th century iron architecture.
18. The bosque encantado (enchanted forest), the botanical garden and theme park of San Martín de Valdeiglesias. A spectacular and magical environment, highly recommended for going with children. A corner of Madrid where each period has a different charm and schedule.
19. By bike and skates in Madrid Río, you will find a great skating rink, you can practice canoeing or rent free bikes in the Parque Juan Carlos I and do bike routes through the Casa de Campo.
20. On the banks of the Riosequillo reservoir, Riosequillo recreational area in Buitrago del Lozoya, 4,500 square meters with children's areas with swings, swimming pool, inflatable castles, sports courts, wooded areas, picnic areas,... a natural environment with all the services to spend the day.
21. A refreshing activity has been designed to do it in group or family bathing with sea bears in Faunia, culminating in shared diving with the animals of Steller Bay (from 4 years, until 14th October).
22. Curiosity, the tourist boat of Aranjuez. For a different and fun experience. Daily sightseeing tours, guided visits, celebrations, etc. with the family, in groups, with your partner, individually...a hall equipped for all kinds of events.
23. The great spectacle of light, water and sound returns, in the cybernetic source of Parque Europa in Torrejón de Ardoz. Fridays and Saturdays in July, August and September (until 29 September).
24. A space of more than 25,000 square metres and one of the great leisure options with 350 parking spaces, a gastronomic area and, during the summer, a hammock area called Autocine Madrid Race to enjoy the cinema like never before.
25. 19º Circuito de cine al aire libre. Summer cinema 2018, with more than 300 screenings in 45 venues and squares in 44 towns in Madrid. All sessions are free. In the summer, the nights are movie nights! (from 28th June to 3rd September).
26. Nickelodeonland and Nickelodeon Express, the children's playground with fun and new attractions for the whole family: water splash bash, paw patrol, hero spin and Nickelodeon Snack, entertainment and catering area in the Parque de Atracciones.
27. By bike through the Pinilla reservoir and the Finlandés forest (Finnish), the mall surrounded by lagoons is a very attractive, appetizing and pleasant excursion. An easy route, ideal and recommended to do with children in summer because it has a flat route.
28. A good plan is to discover and visit a neo-Byzantine building in Madrid, the Pantheon of Illustrious Men, the important sculptural groups of the 19th and 20th centuries, especially those of Mariano Benlliure and Agustín Querol. In addition, entry is free.
29. In the ABC Museum in Madrid you can see the imaginative worlds created from stories, 'three gazes to expand the world', with characters ready to move anyone who dares to enter (until 16 September).
30. Pleasant rowing boat rides, a Viking ship and fun children's boats for the little ones. All this just 25 kilometres from Madrid, are you in?
31. The best karts and indoor karting circuit in Europe at the Carlos Sainz Center in Las Rozas, in one of the best tracks in the world. Sport and fun guaranteed on the longest, fastest and most spectacular track of the summer.
32. Did you know there was an airfield in Manzanares El Real? Well, now you can meet it by visiting 'El aeródromo' (until 14th September). A free activity in the heart of the Madrid mountains.
33. A unique experience at the ideal temperature, a wine bar in the cellar of a 15th century castle, the Castillo de la Coracera in San Martín de Valdeiglesias, known for its wine since the 12th Century.
34. A visit to a miniature universe! Insectpark, the great museum of microfauna in San Lorenzo de El Escorial. An original nature centre at the gates of the Sierra de Guadarrama National Park and Mount Abantos where you will learn and enjoy the wonders of the microfauna.
35. An excursion along the Guadarrama River Greenway. Starting from the Soto Natural Park in Móstoles, 13 kilometres with little difficulty, ideal for walking or cycling through vineyards, olive groves and pine groves, Mediterranean forests and riverbanks on the banks of the river.
36. A free exhibition with splendid reproductions of metal trousseaux from the Roman era, the luxury craftsmanship of the exceptional Roman goldsmiths in the 'Tesoros eléctricos' (Electric Treasures) at the National Archaeological Museum (until 9 September).
37. The 'Summer Nights of Torrelodones', music, cinema, theatre, dance, art and night. Leisure for the hot summer nights, so you can enjoy it better.
38. For lovers of two wheels, don't miss 'Universo moto'. 90 pieces and the last 100 years of this icon at the National Museum of Science and Technology in Alcobendas, get on a scooter and ride, until December, around New York, Paris or Rome!
39. Explore the wonders of the seabed and dive into the Zoo Aquarium. The two-storey pyramid that houses more than 3.000 animals from 300 different species. Spend a journey through the depths, reefs and corals of the world.
40. If you're interested in science, don't miss this opportunity. During the Cretaceous period, 105 million years ago, the Iberian Peninsula was an island populated by forests... 'AMBERIA: the amber of Iberia' in the Geominero Museum (until 25th September. Free entry from 9am to 2pm.