Autumn has just begun, and in order for you to enjoy it to the maximum in our region, we propose you different plans, which will not leave anyone indifferent, because there are for all tastes. Choose yours!
1. Release your adrenaline in Warner Park aboard 'Batman Arkaham Asylum'. This is the first virtual reality roller coaster in Spain and the fastest in Europe. Also, if you dare to try on Samsung Gear VR glasses you'll enjoy as you'll be transferred directly to Arkaham Asylum, the psychiatric prison that confines Batman's enemies.
2. Do you still want more? Then come fly to 'Madrid Fly' the biggest wind tunnel in Europe. An impressive experience for 'fun flyers' (beginners) and 'pro flyers' (advanced). Of course the children will also have a great time with the 'Kids fly 2' experience, for children from 5 to 12 years old.
3. Bicycle lovers are in luck because from autumn to spring, you can explore one of the routes with the greatest points of interest and most beautiful and ideal for two-wheelers: the wetlands of Aranjuez.
4. If you prefer to enjoy adventure in nature, we recommend the canoe and kayak routes in El Berrueco, in the reservoir of El Atazar and San Martín de Valdeiglesias, or in the reservoir of San Juan. Join us! http://www.yucalcari.com/es/
5. If active tourism and adventure are your thing, on weekends, the Region of Madrid offers you numerous multi-adventure activities: climbing, cycling, paragliding, caving, ballooning, canyoning, horse riding, scuba diving, zip lines, adventure parks in the trees... do you dare?
6. But if what you are looking for is to relax, you can do it with the tourist walks in solar boat by the great pond of El Retiro, or renting a pleasure boat.
7. For mushroom lovers, this is the perfect season to visit the Robledillo de la Jara Mycology Interpretation Centre in the Sierra Norte. Numerous activities are organized there. An authentic mycological paradise for visitors who come to the Lozoya Valley in search of mushrooms.
8. A very simple and fun itinerary both in autumn and spring for families enjoying themselves is the ecological path of the Perales River Mills in Navalagamella. A route of spectacular landscapes, great for walking with children, as it has tables and rest areas throughout the route to make a picnic outdoors and spend the day.
9. A route as pleasant and quiet as the walk through the beautiful landscapes of the route by the old mills of La Hiruela in the Sierra Norte of Madrid in the heart of the Biosphere Reserve.
10. In autumn and until December 2, the races and Grand Prix of the season are held at the Hipódromo de La Zarzuela in Madrid. This year, on the 22nd of December, there will be a special day in the morning with 7 races and the Villamejor Grand Prix (Category A).
11. For the daring and brave, under the Paseo de Recoletos in Madrid and more specifically in the Museo de Cera, with your entrance, besides seeing the 450 wax figures, you will be able to enjoy these attractions: the'Tren del Terror,' hold on tight because the journey begins, the 'RV Simulador' with space for 12 crew members, move from prehistory to our days with the 3D images 'Multivisión'.
12. Lovers of pure art have an appointment at the National Archaeological Museum (MAN), where they can participate in the free activities proposed: on the one hand 'Tardes en el Museo' (Afternoons at the Museum), guided tours on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from October to December; and on the other 'Talleres abiertos, Talleres autónomos', participative leisure every Sunday until December.
13. Another free activity is the guided visits to the Palacio de la Bolsa,, a beautiful neoclassical building located in the central Lealtad Square. The visit can be made every day in the morning, but as it is a very popular attraction for locals and tourists, it is recommended to make the reservation in advance.
14. Don't miss either one of the great autumn exhibitions, whose protagonist is one of the most outstanding German artists of the 20th century, Max Beckmann (Leipzig, 1884 - New York, 1950). Thus, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum hosts, in the exhibition 'Beckmann. Exile Figures', more than fifty pieces including paintings, lithographs and sculptures, through a thematic route. The exhibition can be visited from 25 October to 27 January 2019.
15. On Thursday afternoons, you can visit the Cerralbo Museum with the extraordinary free opening that takes place from 17h to 20h. Also take note of the thematic visits such as: 'Lecciones de arte' (Art Lessons), which on 4 and 25 October, and 22 and 29 November at 6pm, invites us to discover the secrets of the workshop and the school; or the didactic concert for children from 6 to 12 years the 'Viaje Musical' (Musical Journey) on 27 October. It is 'El Otoño de la Nobleza' (The Autumn of Nobility), whose entrance is free until full capacity.
16. If you are between 14 and 21 years old, come to the Espacio Fundación Telefónica to discover that 'Hay vida en martes', a cycle of agile and dynamic encounters where you will review cultural and technological news, or to participate in the 'Atrapaespacios' workshops aimed at children between 4 and 6 years old, until 16 December.
17. Do you like music? Don't miss the Municipal Symphonic Band of Madrid with 'Bandas al fresco 2018', which after the pleasant free concerts on Sunday mornings in the Music 'Templete' of the Retiro Park, until 1 December continue in the National Music Auditorium at 12 pm and 7 pm.
18. A classic of this period is the series of family concerts with the 'Joven Orquesta y Coro' of the Region of Madrid, we are talking about the 'Conciertos Ibercaja de Música' in the Teatros del Canal, which will be held from 2 October to 11 November, as is the 'Ciclo de Jóvenes Intérpretes' where young national and international pianists will perform with a projection of the future, on 16 and 30 October.
19. An appointment for all audiences is the '36 Festival de Otoño' (Autumn Festival), an encounter with culture that after nine years, recovers its original format, and invites us to discover in different parts of the region, the talent of participating artists, from 15 nationalities. When? From 15 November to 2 December.
20. 'Colombia suena' in Matadero Madrid. From 10 November, the Naves de Matadero will host performances by DJ Trucha, Dadanoys sessions and DJ Kid Master. Admission is free.
21. The youngest can't miss the 'Sensation' festival on the 3rd of November at Ifema, a real party and an event, as this famous electronic music festival will be playing for the first time in Madrid.
22. The little ones will have a great time with the musicals 'The Wizard of Oz' (from 12 October to 11 November) or 'The Bremen town musician' (from 24 November to 6 January 2019) at the San Pol Theatre.
23. Or in the children's leisure city of San Sebastian de los Reyes 'Micropolix', a very good option for learning by playing. A city where parents are tourists, and fun is guaranteed for parents and children (children from 4 to 14 years).
24. Free of charge, but with the entrance of the Prado Museum, are the guided visits on Sundays at 12pm, to admire and contemplate the splendid and immense vault of Luca Giordano in the Casón del Buen Retiro.
25. On Wednesdays and Saturdays you can attend the Changing of the Guard at the Royal Palace, and on the first Wednesday of each month, a unique event, reminiscent of the one held daily during the times of King Alfonso XII and King Alfonso XIII in the Plaza de la Armería of the Royal Palace in Madrid: the Solemn Changing. Quite a spectacle!
26. On the last Friday of the month another period ceremony takes place, the changing of the guard in the Buenavista Palace for the 'Immemorial Regiment of the King' nº1, considered the oldest armed unit in the world. This change can be witnessed from Alcalá Street.
27. Continuing with time travel, an unforgettable experience worthy of kings is the Philip II Train, a historic train that links Madrid with San Lorenzo de El Escorial, and in whose journey you can enjoy the beauty of the landscape and discover why the Monastery was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
28. As essential as it is recommendable, at any time of the year there is a joint visit to two of the most emblematic buildings of the capital, the Royal Theatre and Royal Palace in Madrid. In addition to the general visit, you can also opt for the technical visit, the artistic visit or the night visit at the end of the shows. You choose which one you like best!
29. Did you know that the Corral de Comedias of Alcalá de Henares from 1601 is the oldest in Europe, and that today it still offers a complete programme of theatre shows? One of the many treasures in the city of Cervantes, open for sightseeing.
30. But Madrid also has other treasures to know as the emblematic restaurant Casa Botín, founded in 1725, is the oldest in the world. One of the references of the old Madrid and the traditional Madrid food.
Where do you want to start?